Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yellow,jack!


In my first year in college, i was being ask by my friends in high school,
"why you choose arabic as ur minor in university of Indonesia?"
well i always find my self confused to answer the Q. Arabic wasn't my option 
anyway, so i couldn't say i was choose arabic, but it was being chosen by my late daddy. well,in 
every case if my friend ask the same Q,i always using "my daddy choose" with no regret at all 
and then times flies, i'm studying arabic with hard work and my GPA is very good every semester,
with help from course i'm taking in saturday and sunday and i'm started to believe that 
this is what my daddy wanted and this is my way of life and  i'm enjoy.
but somehow i still find my self confused why i have to learn arabic. i'm not majoring arabic as well, till my 6th semester in  arabic literature i'm still stuttering speaking in formal or daily arabic languages and it keeps me 
thingking about my future? am i gonna lean my future based arabic which is i'm not good at?
especially in speaking? well, people says just be optimistic and you'll find a way or
you must try harder, but face the reality guys learning one language which is you blind at is difficult,
especially one of the hard ones, one of having complicated grammar and not latin alphabet.
and have you realize that how many years you learn english till you could use it easily and
speaking fluently? and did i mentioned that i also took english conversation class to make my english
better? so yeah i still have my dream to become one of the ambassador for arab countries for Indonesia
or at least being one of the people who work overseas and i'm still on my way believing i could reach it and if i have enough preparation i could make it but it still need a lot of courage, hard worker, patience and prayer.
i'm not talking bout how pesimistic i am as colleger but i just want they know the facts that learning language is not easy. really, it takes long process and learning language in college is not the same as you learning language in course. you should catch up with other subjects which is not only language, but history, art, culture, politics, social and etc. and it gets better if you like and the language and you'll take all the consequences and ready to face the reality.

and for you who's gonna choose major or minor in university, i told you that
"faculty of humanities may be one of the favourite as senior high student to choose, beside it has low point, but
what i want is they realize that just don't lean your future on almamater or low point, but make an effort to achieve what you want! learn harder and focus on what you want!
you might have difficult time rite now, choosing the rite option,but believe me,follow ur heart,cause when you follow
ur heart, ur not gonna blame anyone except ur self, cause that way, it is better, rite?"

No comments:

Post a Comment